Monday, December 28, 2015

Baguio 2015: Paladin Hotel

Note:
The room I booked were 2 Deluxe Rooms (with breakfast) that cost me Php 4,638.40 via Travelbook.ph (discounted price). Since we were 5, I paid an additional Php 580.00 for the extra bed (inclusive of breakfast). To know more information about the hotel, room pictures etc. visit their official site here: http://www.paladinhotelbaguio.com/ 


Over the weekend, my family toured my cousin and aunt to the City of Pines known as Baguio City. I have long prepared for this trip - meaning I have gone through several google searches, blogs and travel sites to find a good but not so expensive place to stay. This was not my first trip to Baguio though, I've been there twice before (once for the Panagbenga Festival and second was for my birthday last 2013) - but on both occasions I had a friend living in Baguio who helped me scour for a transient house to stay. But since she is no longer staying in Baguio - I had to find a place on my own.

I've already looked through some potential hotels via the famous Agoda & Booking.com site - but one day while on my way home - I heard on the radio an add for TravelBook.ph. And this is where I found this hotel that offered a very nice price for my budget. Also, I loved that Travelbook.ph has this point system that you can use for your future bookings. I'm sure other travel sites offer the same kind of perk but I like that this site doesn't provide any complications as to when earning & redeeming points. Note that this is my first time to try this site, so I don't know yet if there are any complaints or whatsoever about their discount promos. Try to visit their site if you want to expand your hotel options: http://www.travelbook.ph/.

We only stayed overnight at Paladin Hotel but the experience was amazing :) I'm listing down all the plus points I had during our brief stay:


  1. Luggage Storage: We arrive really early in Baguio so its a good thing that we were able to leave our things (safely) in the hotel before we were allowed to check-in. Unfortunately, the hotel was fully booked that morning so we were not able to early check in but understandable since it was the holiday season. They will give you a claiming number that you will need to provide to the reception once you are ready to claim your things. They even allow the guests to leave their things even after checkout - which is what we did since we had to eat lunch & go to the Mines View Park before leaving Baguio.
  2.  Free WIFI: One of the advantages if you are staying in a hotel instead of a transient house. The connection isn't that as stable - sometimes you can get disconnected but it was not that a hassle for me. As long as I am able to connect right back in and upload my photos then I'm good. Also, they provide 1 password that is valid daily per gadget. We were offered 5 but you can ask again from the reception area if you need additional access at no charge.
  3. Complimentary Massage: They offer 1 complimentary massage per room. I'm not sure though if the complimentary massage was dependent on the room booked. Note though that it was just a quick 30-minute massage and if another guest wants a massage too, it will cost Php 300.00. 
  4. Clean Room: I am very particular with hotel room amenities - especially the bed sheets, pillows and blankies. Kudos to the hotel as bed was so comfy, nice smelling sheets, pillows and blankets. Toilet was not that grand - but heater was working perfectly fine and with that I'm happy.
  5. Good Customer Service: For a good business to be successful, for me one should highly invest on good service. Paladin Hotel's staff - from the receptionist, to the house keepers, guys who serve breakfast, bell boys, guard, etc. - were all very nice, accommodating & always smiling. And I find their smile very sincere - you feel really welcomed to the place. 

Nobody is perfect so as with their plus, I'm also listing down things they need to improve on:
  1. Food: Breakfast (set meal) is included on their room accommodation however I was not that happy with the taste. During our stay, we had to choose 1 variant only with rice & scrambled, coffee and was served with Papaya as dessert. The garlic longaniza and egg was bland.


   2. Complimentary Massage: I'm including this on the negative side because it was so quick and the pressure wasn't that as I was expecting of a proper massage. They should've informed the guest that it was only for 30-minutes so I could've requested to have it extended even if I had to pay.

  3. Hotel Lobby: I would be nice if they have a TV on the lobby or waiting area. To keep the guests waiting entertained.
Hotel Lobby on the Second Floor

Overall, my family was very satisfied with our stay here - we wish we could've extended. I am highly recommending this hotel to anyone who wishes to stay in Baguio :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me @gec_08