Monday, March 28, 2016

Paddle Blending Brush

YouTube make up gurus made me curious about this new type of make up brush; and while at a mall on a Black Saturday - I chanced upon this stall at Trinoma Pop Culture that sell this kind of brush. I did not know how to call this brush at first- but according to Google/YouTube - its what they call 'Paddle Blending Brush'. 




Pretty Angel Shoppe has a small corner at Pop Culture & saw this one on display. I asked the lady (who was very busy that time, not entertaining other customers mind you, but busy chatting with the other 'tinderas') the price (surprised she heard me) and said it was Php 250.00. So, why not - I got it together with a mushroom brush (Php 220.00).



According to the package, this is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Blending Brush. Only if you are high on drugs or in denial will you believe that with a price & box condition like that, it's an authentic Anastasia Beverly Hills product. Checking Anastasia Beverly Hills' official site, they do not sell this kind of brush at all. The only like legit 'paddle blending brush' I saw was from MAC - which as you know is quite expensive.
 

But I didn't mind as I just wanted to experience how my foundation will turn out if applied using this brush that looks like for my teeth & not for the face.
 
I first used this to apply my Loreal True Match super-blendable makeup foundation. I loved how it easily blended & applied the product to my face, the hairs were so fine & soft that it easily glides unto my face. I feel like it made my foundation air-brush finish. I also loved how it buffs the product so easily, especially on the hard corners of my face, like the side of my nose & my undereye area. Since the hairs are so soft, blending & buffing was a breeze.

Next day, I tried using this only for blending/buffing my undereye concealer. It was awesome! It blended the product evenly - compared to when I'm using my fingers, brush or sponge - this one takes the cake.

What I noticed though is the plastic handle is not that sturdy. If you got heavy hands or enjoyed buffing too much it will definitely break easily. If you have this, I'd recommend you either do it gently, or hold it near or close the paddle brush area. Not sure if the bendable handle has its purpose though, so I might be missing something here.


This is the low point when buying fake brushes - either you get hair fall outs and/or cheap plastic handles that break out easily. But, in fairness to most of these knock-outs, they do the same job as what their original version are tasked to do. Last Christmas season, I was able to buy a flat-kabuki brush at Divisoria - which was labeled as Sigma F80 brush. The hair was so soft - similar to the Artist Studio quality brushes at Landmark - that's why I bought it.

The thing I don't understand is why the need to put those brand names on these China-made knock-off products? Just produce them without brand names, period. People will still buy them - if they are of good quality & because its cheaper. Stop hurting MAC or Anastasia or Benefit or whoever doing legit business or process. It's like a double-slap in the face.

Going back to the paddle brush, yes its a good alternative when applying your foundation/concealer. Should you buy the original one? I would say - if you have the budget buy the MAC ones (you will never find an original Anastasia Beverly Hills because there ain't one - yet :P) - this knock-off gives good result so imagine if you get the legit one right? But, if just for experience & if low on doe - this one will do the trick. Let's be real, people go for the less expensive one, as long as they give the same result - times are hard.

Is it necessary? Every person has their own preference when applying foundation, if you already found 'the one', then good for you - no need to buy another one. But when you are into make up, you will not be contented with just having one brush, like everything else, make up is evolving - its either you go with it or just stick to the basic - your call.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me @gec_08