Thursday, November 16, 2017

Review: Singlish Cafe - Singaporean Hawker Cuisine



Location: 60 Lilac St, Marikina, 1811 Metro Manila


Update: Sadly as of their March 12, 2018 Facebook posting, this restaurant is no longer operational. 

It was an awesome last day of my 3-day holiday off as my friend treated us for a meal along Lilac Street. We were supposed to try the House of Unicorns Cafe but, the place was packed of unruly kids with their unicorn-onesies on. 

On the other side was this Singaporean place and wevdecided to give it a try. A few years back, I was able to visit the lovely (but humid) country of Singapore and what really stood out for me was the food we were able to try in Hawker stalls or centers. 

Katong Laksa Php 228


Of course we had to order their Katong Laksa, and it was perfect. I am not into spicy food but this Laksa had just the right amount of spicy. 

Sambal Fried Rice Php 168

If you are not into spicy food like me, you can request them to lessen the spiciness.

Honey Garlic Soy Chicken Php 188
This is the ROCKSTAR of their menu for me! The combination of the spices, cucumber, and honey was perfect for the well-done chicken. Highly recommended!

Salted Egg Prawns Php 298
Sauce is superb! One thing I didn't enjoy here is that prawns still had shells on them.

We really enjoyed dining here, food & service is great & delicious - worth every penny.

Follow them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/singlishcafeph/
Instagram: @singlishcafe

1 comment:

Follow Me @gec_08